There will be a 10-day mental event organized by the City of Leuven and many organizations in Leuven. The event is to help anyone strengthen their mental resilience. This is why it is called “Boost Your Resilience”
The 10-day event runs from Friday, 1st October until Sunday, 10th October 2021. Various mini-events will be held at various places around the Leuven region. The mini-events are designed for all ages. Most of the mini-events or activities are free while some require registration.
Below is an overview of the mini-events.
Walks and walking tour
- Along Enchanté merchants. October 1 and 6.
- Healing walks for the elderly. October 1,6,7,8,11 and 14.
- Resilient on the road in Bierbeek. October 1.
- Resilient walks in Heverleebos. October 3.
- Along the edge of Leuven with Jan Loenders. October 5.
- ‘Mindful on the move’ at Abdij van Park. October 7.
Lectures, testimonials and conversations
- Recovery and life stories from experts by experience. October 4 and 7.
- Lecture on restorative work with children. October 6.
- Talk in a group about psychosis sensitivity. October 5.
- Theater lecture about euthanasia for unbearable psychological suffering. October 8.
- Resilience in children. October 7.
Workshops, exercises and sessions
- Workshop breathing techniques. October 4.
- What is your body telling you?. October 4.
- Be creative with everyday objects. October 5 and 7.
- Workshop ‘Football connects’: playing football against Younited Leuven. October 5.
- Interactive session about the happiness triangle. October 4 and 7.
- The power of focusing and creativity. October 7.
Music, theater and art
- Performances ‘Powerful with music’. October 7.
- Show moment improvisation theater. October 5.
- Admire the works of the participants of atelier Pastya. October 1 – 10.
- Exhibition and performance ‘Give me a ku(n)s(t)’. October 9 and 10.
For children and young people
- Discover your own superpowers. October 9.
- Resilience family day. October 3.
- Duo relaxation exercises for children with disabilities. October 2.
- Resilience Training Program for Teens. October 6,7 and 9.
- Workshop ‘Mindsfits’: city game about mental well-being and resilience. October 6.
- Yoga and creana afternoon for toddlers and primary school children. October 6.
For anyone interested, the program brochure can be picked up at the city office.