As the corona measure all over the country is getting relaxed, the city of Leuven is also following this trend. The following measures will take effect as from the 8th of May, 2021.
New Corona measures
- You can receive a maximum of 2 people at your home at the same time. Those 2 must belong to the same family.
- Curfew will be abolished. This means you can leave your home between midnight and 5 a.m., with a maximum of 3 people.
- Cafés and restaurants are allowed to open their terraces between 8 am and 10 pm. You are to sit at the table with a maximum of 4 people (unless you have a larger family).
- Organized training courses, rehearsals, etc are allowed outdoors with a maximum of 25 people. However, for children up to 12 years old, this is allowed indoors with a maximum of 10 people.
- Events, cultural performances, and worship services (by professional organizers) may take place outside with a maximum of 50 people.
All other measures not listed above still holds. These are measures such as limiting your social contacts as much as possible, wearing a face mask in public transports, crowded places, and busy streets, maintaining hygiene, etc.
It is recommended that people get vaccinated. The vaccination takes place in the Brabanthal. Currently, only people over 65, groups at risk, and professions are invited for vaccination. The rest of the adult population will be invited from May 2021. The exact timing however depends on the availability of vaccines. You will receive a personal invitation by post 2 weeks before your vaccination. If your details are known, you will also receive a text message and an e-mail.